- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups fresh blueberries (I used a bag of frozen mixed berries, tasted great!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Mix in sugar, flour, lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat in egg yolks, then milk.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the lemon mixture. Pour filling into pie crust. Scatter blueberries evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 50 minutes, or until filling is set. Cover the pie with foil after about 30 minutes to avoid browning. Allow to cool slightly before serving
1c crisco (butter flavor) and 1 tbsp crisco
This makes about 2 pie crust
When you're folding the dough to make the crust slowly add the water to make sure you don't add too much and make it too sticky!
If you're wondering how to do a basket weave topper:
Just make you pie crust and roll it out like you normally would... I then take a pizza cutter and cut the pie dough into about 1" strips.
Place the first one in the center of the pie... now place a piece across it making a "t". Then you start placing the slices while very carefully folding back the slices you're weaving it into... So you might have two down and three (every other) folded back and once you place the next piece you fold back down those other pieces and fold back the ones that weren't folded back before... you'll get the hang of it once you start!
Thanks to ALL Recipes for this great pie!