Friday, September 12, 2008

Blurry Chicken... Kidding! Um Pantry Chicken~

Pantry Chicken!!

So I had some chicken legs in my house (because Chris is obsessed with chicken legs that have salt, pepper, and garlic on them that are baked... but I make that ALL to the time sooo) and I wanted to make something different. Well I didn't have anything I wish I did, like bacon, or spinach, or feta cheese.... soooo onto the pantry/freezer for ideas!

I had rice, tomato juice, frozen veggies, potatoes, and seasonings! Sweet!
And whala!



Ingredients

4 chicken legs
2 cups of rice (not cooked) i used white rice b/c it's what i had but dirty rice would be great!
However much water the rice box says you need
1 bag of frozen veggies (mine had corn, asparagus, corn, and peas
1 1/2 russet potatoes cut into small pieces
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 c or so of ck broth
3/4 of a small can of tomato juice
LOTS of seasonings
I used sprinkles of oregano, pepper, Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cilantro, salt, maybe something else??? Basically it's a free for all
I also drizzled the legs with olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar

Combine all of this into a baking dish and bake at 400 for around 45mins or until chicken and potatoes are done! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment