Monday, June 2, 2008
Cheesy Chicken Mexican Corn
Cheesy Mex-Rice Casserole (I added in chicken too)
From: All recipes
* 1 quart water
* 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
* 2 tablespoons chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 small yellow onion, chopped
* 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
* 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
* 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
* 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, with liquid
* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
* 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican-style processed cheese food, cubed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
(I used 2 large chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces and cooked on a skillet)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3 1/2 quart casserole dish.
2. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. In a wok or large skillet, heat the broth and saute the garlic, bell pepper and onion until tender, about 5 minutes. (Add in chicken too)Stir in cooked rice, cream-style corn, Mexican-style corn, whole kernel corn, diced tomatoes with chiles, green chiles, Mexican-style processed cheese, salt, pepper and chili powder. Spoon into prepared casserole dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Top with shredded Cheddar, cover and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven, uncover and let stand 10 minutes.
Chris Really Loved this meal!