Monday, June 2, 2008
This is the drink of choice for Katie and I, we hope ya'll have as much fun drinking it with your girlfriends as we do!
From: Martha Stewart
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice, about 9 limes
* 3 pounds Bing cherries
* 18 ounces best-quality black cherry or plain vodka (www.beekmanliquors.com)
* 1 bottle sparkling water (750 mL)
1. Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool completely. (Makes about 2 cups syrup.) Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.
2. Put lime juice into a medium nonreactive bowl. Halve and pit cherries; add to lime juice. Stir in syrup. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight).
3. Stir cherry mixture and vodka in a large serving bowl. Fill 12 glasses with ice. Spoon 1/2 cup cherry-vodka mixture into each glass. Top off with sparkling water. Serve immediately.
Katie and I actually let our cherries soak up the vodka instead of the lime juice and we used half the the sugar mixture it says to use... this is such an amazing drink!