Wednesday, January 21, 2009
This got HUGE reviews! I took it to a Church social and made it for my girls night and both nights they LOVED it! So easy and a total winner! I used a recipe from Epicurious and just added to it a bit~
* 8 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (only used 6)
* 2 tbsp finely minced garlic (got mine from the jar)
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (oops only had dried... totally fine!)
* 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp finely minced fresh tarragon (yeah, i used ground)
* 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
* 2 baguettes, cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices
* 6 cloves garlic, cut in half (and i deleted using this)
I also added in crumbled feta cheese, around a cup or so.
In a bowl, mix all ingredients except bread. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside, unrefrigerated, 3 hours. Heat oven to 350°F. Toast bread on a baking sheet. Top with tomato mixture. I found people really liked them too b/c they sat on the bread for a while before they were eaten so the bread softened some. Many people commented that was one of their favorite parts!