Tuesday, July 15, 2014

BE ready babies, this post is going to get me a lot of flak

Your Momma is a hardcore republican. Like as in to just say I have conservative views is like saying Miss Piggy thinks Kermit is pretty cool. Understatement.

I want you to know this about your Momma because it shapes a lot of who I am and what I believe. Here's the beliefs that make me part of who I am.

1. I do NOT support abortion. I do not think birth control is abortion, but I do think the morning after pill is borderline. I understand people wanting an abortion in case of rape and incest BUT I feel God allowed for a baby to be made in that situation for a reason... we should find out what that reason is rather then kill it. I think too many people use abortion as a "solution" to their problems. I've heard people say "I could never give my baby away", yet they can kill it? I have known so many family that have been blessed by adoption that I can't even begin to understand why a mother would rather abort her child then give it a chance in a loving home... I believe from the second those clusters of cells allows a pregnancy stick to read pregnant it's a baby. Whether it can survive on its own out side of the womb or not, it's a baby. I've had the privilege of seeing y'alls ultrasounds from the beginning and yes, at 8 weeks you looked like jelly beans, but shortly after (because i had MANY with Kinsley) you had arms and fingers and noses... but you ALWAYS had a heart beat! While we were lucky enough to plan for y'all (because it's not that hard to use birth control) it wouldn't have mattered.

2. I believe we have the right to bear arms. IF you're trained, IF you get a licence and register your gun. Your Daddy has guns. He's responsible about them. They are in a safe. He's been trained on how to use one, as have I. Your Pop Pop has taken me to the shooting range and taught me about how powerful guns are and how they should be respected. Taking guns away from responsible users isn't going to take them out of the hands of criminals, news flash, Criminals get them illegally.

3. We need to shutdown our boarders. Would it be great for everyone to live in the land of the free? SURE, is it practical? NO. Sorry, we can't let everyone in and we can't support everyone that's here already. The influx of people is ridiculous right now and it is taking away precious tax dollars from schools and the children that are already here and starving. We need to take care of who is here and not let everyone else in.

4. That being said, we are a super power, so if we see wrong in the world (hello World War II, Syria, Iran, etc) then we need to help those that can't help themselves.

5. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. Now here's where it gets tricky for me. Religiously I believe marriage is between a man and a women. In the bible it states this. I would never be a member of church that married same sex couples. BUT I also believe in the separation of church and state. And while I don't want the state coming into my church and telling me what of the bible I'm allowed to believe, and I don't want other peoples religions influencing my laws (example Islamic law), I don't know if I think my religion can tell the state to not marry same sex couples. I am conflicted babies. I want to stand with my religion, but I lean that the state should be allowed to marry them. Still praying about that one...

6. I believe the federal government has too much power and more should be given back to the states and the people. I'm so tired of people expecting the government to swoop in and fix everything for them. Fix it yourself. If you can't and need help then there should be limits to that help and stipulations. LIKE drug testing. If I have to have a drug test to get a job, others should have to have a drug test to get free money and food from the government. If you want to collect unemployment then you better show me you're looking for a job and know there's a limit on how long you can collect it. Accountability and limits. How about instead of GIVING everyone welfare and food stamps we teach them how to get off of it?

7. I believe in free enterprise. Economic growth and innovations have made our country great, the thought of the self made man is what makes our country great. The fact that you can come from nothing and become something is what makes our country great... not Government interference.

8. I believe in a balanced budget, not raising the debit ceiling. If that means programs and earmarks get cut then so be it, we don't have the money so STOP SPENDING IT! 17 trillion + is enough!

9. I believe in a strong military. I think we should be ready. It's been proven time and time again that the US has many enemies in the world and I think we need to be ready to protect ourselves. When we scale back is when we are most vulnerable. Are we in a time of peace with nothing to do? Send the troops to our boarders, they always need help!

I could keep going  but that's just a brief explanation of my core beliefs. I want you to know how your Momma stands and that I'm proud of  my stance. I've taken the time to educate myself. I read, I listen, I stay informed. I don't let the media shape my beliefs and values, especially since MOST of the media is VERY liberal and only gives you their biased views. I pray when I don't know what to think, and I'm willing to say when I think I was wrong about an issue and change my mind/views.

That's the most important. Be willing to change and pray for answers. Whether you end up believing what I believe or not, that's up to you. I'm going to love you no matter what, just be educated and  be able to back up your beliefs with facts and you'll be okay!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment