Monday, July 21, 2014

K you did it again

All in all I have a pretty typical little girl. She's into princesses, went through a "I only want to wear dresses" phase, she loves getting her hair and nails done, again, pretty typical girl.

But she has these moments where I'm like "HELL YEA LITTLE GIRL"!

See I'm a preppy tomboy. I ran through the woods with my brother and his friends, while wearing my high heels. I changed my breaks in college with pink tools, while wearing pearls. I get it done. I want that for my little girl. I don't coddle her, I tell her to shake it off and toughen up. I kiss her boo boos, but also tell her to get over something. I want her to be her own, tough, person.

Well, until recently, do you know what her favorite color was? Not pink, not purple, it was Orange! Right? Do you know how hard it is to find little girls clothes in ORANGE? Like ONLY orange? Now she's into rainbow, SOOO much easier.

In 5 months she's going to have her 5th birthday party. We've gone through various themes since literally the day after her 4th birthday. My Little Pony, Rainbow Party, and various combinations of equally girly things. Right now, and for the last few weeks though, it's been Pirate. Why? I don't know. We don't watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates or anything Pirate related. She hasn't had a friend to have a Pirate party recently (like 2  years ago they did)... so I'm not sure where this is coming from but honestly, I think it's awesome! It's so not typical for a little girl and I hope she sticks with it.

Kinsley I hope you are always okay with being different. You are your own person and don't let anyone else ever tell you that you need to change!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment