Thursday, December 23, 2021

Part 2… now what

That last post took me a few days to write. My focus and energy are shot. 

Took another test in 2021. Yeah I have ADD too. Apparently having narcolepsy and ADD is pretty common. Whatever. Just tell me what I don’t have at this point. 

So now what? Well it’s time for meds. Apparently they don’t just have meds that help you sleep, but also stay awake. Promises promises. 

The first time I took Nuvigil it was life changing. At least until my body got use to it and it stopped working. I was completely taken back with this feeling of wakefulness. I wasn’t wired, I just felt like for the first time in my life I didn’t need a nap. Until I did. So we switched rinsed and repeated. Still are. Still haven’t find that special cocktail yet. 

We’ve tired different stimulants. Some adderall. Now she wants to move onto some heavy stuff. I’m not sure if I’m ready for that. It’s a lot of regulations and restrictions. But I’m also tired of being tired. I’m tired of feeling like I’m sleep walking only to then try to go to sleep at night and insomnia hits along with ten plus awakening periods (on meds). I’ve been crashing hard this last week. Had to stop taking the latest trial because it wasn’t helping and it was making me moody as hell. 

It’s hard. I want to be there for my family in every way possible but I just don’t have the energy. At work if I give a presentation, I’m done for the rest of the day. Simple things take literally all my energy. And knowing that gives me a lot of anxiety this time of year because we all have a week off to spend together and I’m worried I’m going to ruin it all by napping. 

But I still wouldn’t trade this diagnosis for anything. Yeah I would trade having narcolepsy, sure. But since I have it I’m so glad to be diagnosed because this means that I’m not the lazy, forgetful person I use to think I was. 



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment