Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dear Parker

Dear Parker,

Mommy hasn't written you all the letters that I wrote to Kinsley and I'm very sorry for that. It's not because I love you any less, it's because Mommy is just crazy scatterbrained right now and often I'm more caught up in feeding you and calming Kinsley's toddler tantrum then putting down all the sweet thoughts I have about you... but that doesn't mean I don't have them, OFTEN!

I don't think I've told you how blessed I feel to have you in my life. You are such a happy baby that I enjoy calling my chunker. You're not chunky, you're quite solid (as your Daddy would say), but you're larger then Kinsley so you're Momma's chunker! You are the reason, lately, that Momma has good days. Whenever I'm tired or getting upset about your sisters phases you always make it better! Your smile and the way you light up whenever anyone gives you any attention just makes Momma's heart smile!

I have to say though that I LOVE watching you and sissy together. You love her! You will watch her and be calmed by her. You would rather have her crawling all over you then to snuggle with Momma. It's a blessing to see, because guess what, she LOVES you too. SO much. She's so protective of you. She'll tell me when you're hungry, when you've pooped, she'll protect you from doggie licks and from things you shouldn't play with around the house. You essentially have two Mommies when she's around!

I also feel so lucky to see you with Daddy. You are the little man he so desperately wanted but didn't want to admit (because he would have loved another daughter too). Watching him look at you and play with you I can see all the dreams he has for you in his eyes. He dreams of teaching you how to hit a baseball, to throw the perfect spiral, to bait your hook, and how to steady your riffle. You and Daddy are going to be such good friends!

There are a few things that I want to make sure you know though, just in case.
First, GO TO CHURCH and love the lord! If you do this then SO many things will be better in your life. You need God, and not just on Sunday's. God will help you to be a better man, husband, and father.
Second, I love you more than life itself. I loved you before I was even pregnant with you, you are Momma's Bubby.
Be a gentleman. Hold doors for girls, help them down from things, lift things for them, put your hand at the small of their back to lead them, protect them, cherish them. I don't want you to just like and love your wife, I want you to cherish her like the precious gift she is. She will be the mother to your children and you need to show your children every day how much you love their Momma.
Say Mame and Sir even when you're a Sir. It's polite and thoughtful and I just think you should do it.
Don't dip or smoke... nasty, smelly, deadly. enough said.
Don't wear your pants too low or too tight. You're a man, not a hooligan or a girl.
Respect everyone, even those you think might not deserve it. There will be a time when a teacher or boss or someone will come along and you will hate them with every fiber of your being, respect them. They will get their getting, but NOT from you. It will not make you a better person!
Cut your hair and nails. "I really want a guy who can braid their hair and paint their nails with me" said No woman EVER!
Learn to cook. I will help you with this one, but it's such a treat to a woman when her man can do something besides grill a steak.
Go to the theatre. I want you to be a sportsman and rough and tough like your Daddy, but you also need to be cultured and respect the arts (your Daddy does). You never know when through work or life you will need that education and it will enrich your life to love it.
Don't lose your temper. Your Momma has got a hot head and is often too quick to the start, don't be like me. Your Daddy rolls with it, be like him.
When you have children, get down and the floor and play with them. This is a time you won't ever get back and it will develop a bond that cannot be broken. The cleaning can wait, bedtime can wait, play! Be silly! Let your daughter paint your toes!

That's enough for today. You're just growing up so fast already. The other night as I rocked you before laying you in your crib I started to cry. I knew you would be too big, too soon to be rocked to sleep. I also knew you would be my last baby that I get to rock to sleep and as happy as you make me, it breaks my heart. I want to keep you my little Bubby forever and cuddle you close. But, you will grow and I will love every stage you go through because you are you and I love you.

Love forever,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment