I'm a really bad blogger is "what's going on". Do you ever feel like things are just not meeting up and that you're life is always crazy and the to-do list never even gets dented? That's what's going on in my head right now. The major things in life that would make me happy (for the moment) are:
1. Find a church that Chris wants to go to as much as I do. I've been looking into a local Catholic church that we'll hopefully try again soon. I've been in touch with a few people there because, I'm baptist and that's like WHOA different from Catholic.
2. I REALLY REALLY like yesterday want a new couch. I'm so frustrated with our current situation! We have a great for the space L shaped sectional that is covered in material that is a dog hair magnet. I mean it's truly enough to make a grown woman cry. I can vacuum the couch for over an hour and it's still got dog hair EVERYWHERE! I hate it. I keep finding really great options on Craigslist (we need a micro-suede) but the hubs isn't comfortable with the $$ situation of shelling out money. Just this past week I found an AWESOME option in a town VERY close to ours and the price was BEYOND good... yeah it's gone now. no dice.
3. I REALLY want the upstairs painted. I want my bedroom painted, I want the kids bathroom painted, I want K's room painted and I want the hallway with all the trim and doors painted. Chris agrees, but it's still not getting done.
4. I NEED my kitchen repainted. I HATE the color. But, Cowboy is making me live with it, even though we painted it 5+ years ago, because I picked out that color. I'M SO SORRY! The color i picked out is a dud. I get it, it's been 5 years, i get painting it another color isn't going to add to our house value but it WILL make your wife happy!!!!
5. Our bathrooms suck. We need new vanities in all of them. Our master bath needs a new tile job. I hate them, cowboy hates them. we have no money.
6. THE FLOORING! OMG! We have laminate in 2/3 of the main floor. That's cool with me, except the idiots who installed it didn't know what they were doing and so there are gaps and even carpet still around! The tile in my kitchen is grooved in a way that TRAPS dirt. NORMAL people would get flooring that hides dirt, oh not the previous owners, no, they like to hold on to their dirt. It's great. I want it ALL gone and replaced with DARK laminate floors from the front door to the rear door!
7. The basement will swallow you whole if you think about it for too long. It's not finished. It needs to be. We NEED the room, especially with a new one on the way. I'm sad and so is Cowboy that it's still unfinished. It's depressing. I need to move on.
So you see 95% of my stress is the house and all that needs to be done. 95% of Cowboys stress is money and making sure we have enough for groceries and power, much less paint. That doesn't really mesh well. You NEED money to fix a house. Sometimes life just sucks.