Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The passy's days are numbered.

Kinsley's nights with her passy are now numbered. We will be giving away all passy's on Thursday evening. OH YES!

See, Kinsley is in a toddler bed. Meaning she CAN get out of her bed. So we'll put her to bed with a passy in her mouth and one in each hand. She'll then drop one on the floor and cry until we come in and pick it up for her and give it to her. This is not acceptable.

We all knew that this day was coming, who really wants to see a five year old dropped off at the first day of kindergarten with a passy in their mouth because that's they only way they know how to comfort themselves? (I'm sorry if you do, that's just weird. I think you should re-evaluate yourself as a parent... OMG did I just say that? That's the kind of stuff that goes in that other blog)

So on Thursday we are visiting with a friend who has a 4 week old baby. Since it's perfectly acceptable for an infant to have passies we will be gift wrapping all of her passies and giving them to the baby. The baby will then give Kinsley a Big Girl gift (that I will buy and wrap ahead of time and give to my friend).

There WILL be crying I'm sure. There WILL be sleepless nights I'm sure. But in the end I WILL WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment