Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tired, poop, pee, and a potato

Yes those are todays topics... i was going to blog about each one seperately but i wanted to get it all out!

I'm freaking tired! i feel like it's the first trimester again... this kid is sucking out all of my lifes energy and laughing at me. Chris is at his wits end because when i'm tired i'm humorless. He doesn't understand that when he speaks, unless he's saying "what can i do for you dear?" i just want to snap his head off... first signs of my raging hormones or lack of proper sleep. All day long i am dying for bed, i'm willing to trade one of my dogs for my bed... anything to help this fatigue. But that might be a bad trade considering when i do get to sleep i can't... i sleep for an hour or two and then need to reposition... sleep for an hour or two and need to pee... once i've gotten up to pee it will be at least 30 minutes before i fall back asleep, if not longer. UH!

So onto the poop... i know, it's been a while... pooping has actually gotten better... most of the time. Yeah see there are these few occasions that come every so often where i need to poop. I hear Chariots of Fire playing in my head (dadada dadada dadada da da, dadada dadada dadada da da, dadada dadada dadada da da dada DA dada da da da) as i run to the restroom waiting for my sweet glorious moment of relief. I sit and as i start to push THE PAIN!!!! The agony! I don't know why but every so often now when i try to push i feel like my ovaries are about to do an alien move out the front of my belly! So i have to stop pushing or else i'll loose all ability to have another child since my ovaries will be on the floor. BUT AH HA... since pooping is SO important these days, i've found a solution... i hold one hand on each ovary with my fingers pushing it back in... so as i poop the pain isn't as bad and they stay put! VICTORY!

Yes i still have little tiny piddle emergencies. And now one of Chris's relatives (who would most likely tell me i'm dying if i said my toe hurt) has me all worried that i might have a urinary tract infection since i feel the need to pee like i haven't peed in days and it turns into a tiny trickle. Now this comes and goes... some times i'll go hours without having to pee... sometime all day i'll have normal pees... then i wake up come to work, waddle from the parking deck to the restroom (waddle b/c i'm hold my legs together, not because i'm that big yet, thank you very much) and as i sit for sweet relief it's piddle time not pee time. UH! So if you have experience with UTI's let me know...

And finally... what are we today being 18 weeks big???



A sweet potato! Which is okay since i actually like those now! Another site says we're about the size of a bell pepper, so your guess is as good as mine.

Babylove has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to me), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon (story later about this). Baby's blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit (whoo hoo i have a Will Smith baby). A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound (he better not next week unless he wants to be grounded before he/she's even born).

Oh so about the movement

I felt more this weekend and one time was really neat... i was laying in the backseat while we were driving home from NC and Chris reached back to rub my belly and right after he did that the baby moved and it tickled me a little bit. It was funny to know baby knew daddy's hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment