Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reclaiming the boobies

I am officially done with breastfeeding. Last Wednesday I pumped for the last time. I had been weaning for a while... Parker has been off the literally boob for a few weeks, but I've been pacing out my pumps to avoid engorgement.

Now, it is done. The boobies are mine again. Along with the extra weight of not breastfeeding.

Did you know you can burn an average of 500 calories a day if you exclusively breastfeed? Yup now I have to take that into account along with all of my other over eating issues and cut back even more... yea.

I know what you're thinking... OMG ERIN he's not one year yet!?!??! You were SOO close!... never fear dear blogy friends, I have a stash. The stash in my basement is quite extensive and well... he will most likely go PAST his first birthday with breast milk still in supply!

But now, the boobies are mine again and well, I REALLY have no excuses to not lose weight since I don't need to eat fatty yummy calories to keep up my supply. Now I just need to lose weight and be the best Mommy I can be for my babies!
Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous, yeah, you burn extra calories breastfeeding but it is so nice have your body back to being your own. Good job on the stash of milk. My bug will be one on the 29 and I am so ready to call it quits but I am trying to let him fade it out on his own.

    ReplyDelete