Thursday, February 21, 2013

She's growing up too...

Whelp she's three... and I'm not going to sugar coat it... it SUCKS. She's still an amazing and fun little girl but the girl has got MAJOR tude. Three sucks because you're stuck between a kid who is trying to be bigger, which means attitude and better words, and a kid who is still young and still a little bit of a "baby" so that means tantrums, meltdowns, and lack of "fairness" understanding, etc. It's awesome... throw a little potty training in there and a one year old baby brother and you have a recipe for disaster.

Despite three being a HORRIBLE age, it can also be fun... sometimes... rarely... but sometimes.

She know how to help and when she chooses to it's GREAT!
"Hey Kinsley go and get that sippy cup for Mommy in the other room so I can wash it"
K: "I can't"
Me: "Why?"
K: "Because I can't"
Me: "Yes you can now GO"
K: after begrudgingly bringing me the cup and telling me 10 times she doens't see it even though it's right there in the middle of the floor where I can see it! "Look Mommy I helped you!"
Me: in my best I'm trying to encourage you to do it again and not be sarcastic to a three year old voice "Yes you did! What a BIG helper you are" enter eye roll...

She will surprise you by saying really nice and fun things "I just love this face so much"... often times though these things come out while she's trying to find a way NOT to go to bed.

She is very independent and likes to do most things herself... unless I'm helping Parker then she wants my help so that I pay attention to her and not him.

She LOVES her brother, aggressively so, and enjoys giving him hugs while she pins him to the ground and makes him immobile.

She forgets NOTHING and I mean NOTHING. The kid has an annoyingly good memory... Many people will tell their kids they can have or do something later and the kid walks away and forgets about it... not mine. She'll remember FOREVER. Also, if she has a sippy cup or doll she wants and she's in bed I tell her I don't know where it is... despite her not playing with this doll, etc for HOURS she'll tell you it's downstairs behind the TV under the table, blah blah blah... SMART! Don't say ANYTHING to her that you don't mean to follow through with, she'll NEVER forget... even DAYS later... trust me... I know.

She helps me feed the dogs and dry the dishes!

She is fully potty trained during the day (with accidents few and far between). But when one happens she'll look at you and say "It's okay Mom, accidents happen" and nod her head in understanding... lol

One of Kinsley's new loves is showers, I found a hook to lower the shower head to her height and she LOVES to just stand in the water... don't blame her I do too.

She can point out pretty much all of her letters and on a good day her numbers too. She can associate most letters with a name or something like that. And she can spell her name for you.

She can count to 19, maybe 20, not sure.

She LOVES her babies still and will take care of them like any good Mommy. She also loves watching Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Princess anything.

She will eat anything at school and at home she'll find a pea that I hid in 3 macaroni shells and spit it out.

Kinsley's table manners are okay when she wants them to be... the other day she surprised me by twirling her spaghetti around her fork! And then just as quickly eats with her hands...

She likes icing and not cake.

She is in dance class and when she's paying attention is very good! But her favorite dance is to "shake her naked butt" a little thing she started at Sasha and Pop Pop's for a laugh but will now tell me in the supermarket (luckily fully clothed) that she's shaking her naked butt.

She knows how to pray before dinner and she knows more songs then I do.

Kinsley can dress herself and will often do this multiple times a day and rarely matches... she beats to her own drum that one, and I love it!

She supports the Wolfpack (NC State!!!) and the Redskins! Even when another team is playing, if they have our colors she gets very excited and says "GO WOLFPACK!"

Her words are starting to sound more like they should and less like the cute baby words she used to say.

And all in all, I love her to pieces... I just can't wait for these bi-polar toddler mood swings to be done!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment