Monday, July 26, 2010

What a mother will do....

To get her baby to poop.

So we sent Kinsley off to stay with her grandparents this weekend while we attended one of our good friend's wedding. Well she hadn't pooped by the time they took her (3pm), but i wasn't worried... she often had a day here or there where she didn't poop.... But then we got her back on Sunday and still no poop. And to make matters worse she was trying to poop. Like REALLY trying. Red face, grunting, squatting, you name it.

Enter this morning.... she had a tiny little terdlet in her diaper when i changed her. YEA for some progress. So i was all ready to explain to her daycare that she's been eating prunes and drinking apple juice and to look out for poopies.

But alas that was not in our future... why? Because Chris locked my purse in my car, which had my keys in it... thanks. The keys to my car were IN my car. Wonderful. So I was stuck until my mother-in-law came with the spare.

And it's a good thing too, since here came the red face again! And cries. This time i picked her up and laid her on her table and I proceeded to help my child poop.

Oh yes ladies, this is something that you will have to do at some point in your life if you have kids, i promise. Here's what you do. Lay them on their backs and lift their feet up to their head. You then must help them to spread their little butt cheeks and, here's the BEST part, if need be... pull out the poop.

Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen. I have pulled poop from my little baby's bottom. She was grunting and crying and pushing with everything in her and it just wouldn't come out.... but now, it's out.

I've since called my mother-in-law twice to find out what's going on with K's poops... well she cries then pushes, cries some more and then she has a big ole hard terd in her diaper. Poor little thing.

I hope we get this poop thing under control soon. i feel so bad for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment