Monday, January 23, 2012

Can't think of a title...

So this weekend was sort of productive and sort of relaxing and i have a confession...

This weekend my mother-in-law took care of Kinsley so that Chris and I could go and look at a truck for him. We didn't end up getting it. We came back home, visited with her while K napped and then played with K a little when she woke up and off Kinsley went for a night of excitement with her Uncle, Aunt, and then to spend the night at Grandma's. Yesterday Chris and I meant to pick up K in the morning but we were slow and lazy and by the time we got our act together my Mother-in-law said that K was hair twirling (that's a sign that she's tired), so we let her nap... as her nap went on Mother-in-law offered to keep her another night since she was off on Monday. I thought this was a great idea because then i could get up early and go to work to earn some credit hours. But here's where the confession comes in...

You fell GUILTY being happy to have a break! The hubs and I rested, we did stuff around the house, we spent time together and through it all I kept thinking about how wonderfully easy it was to go everything and how nice it was to not have to stop every second for a "Mommy..." request or to hover everything around a nap time. THEN you start getting this voice in your head telling you that you're a bad person for not spending time with your child that day and an even worse person for being okay and even (OMG STOP THE PRESSES) happy about it! Now before you go calling child services on me, i LOVE LOVE LOVE my daughter... but people we need a break every now and then! My old neighbor used to ship her kid off to the grandparents all the time (okay MAYBE once a month) so she and hubs could have a date night and sleep in the next morning. I used to think out loud to myself (this is where you talk to yourself about stuff you think you should be thinking but really aren't) about her not caring for her son as much as i care for my daughter... while trying to ignore the fact that 1. she stays at home so she "cares" for her son every freaking moment of the day (OMG I love daycare!) and 2. I was SOOO secretly jealous of her that her boob wasn't attached to her kid 24/7 when she was home like mine were in the first year.

So through this pregnancy, especially through this pregnancy, I've learn to enjoy the moments that we get to ourselves. Whether it's alone or together as a couple.

So since we had SO much time on our hands we napped a lot. It was great to not have the hubs bitch at me for napping AGAIN, since he was too! We also got a lot done... cleaned and put away. We also got the hospital bag (oh dear lord, it's HUGE) packed and put in the car and the car seat is put together and put in the car. So I'm 35 and 1/2 weeks and ready for this baby to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment