Friday, January 27, 2012

Don't read if you don't want to hear me complain.

I'm in a dark, angry, painful place right now and i need to vent and cry about it. So if you don't want to hear about it then don't read this. This post is for me.

I went for my 36 weeks appointment today at the OB. Last week I was a centimeter dilated. With Kinsley at 36 weeks I was 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced. I know ALL of that means nothing but i was hoping, even counting on more of the same... Nope. I'm still ONE centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. I cried... a lot...

In addition, I was telling my doctor the pain is so bad that I've been having to take the Tylenol 3 (Tylenol with codeine in it) around 6 nights since last week and 3-4 of those nights i wake up in enough pain that i have to take another pill to help me get back to sleep. To top it off the pills don't stop the pain, they just take the edge off. So I don't take it during the day, so i walk around in terrible pain all day.

AFTER I tell him this he informs me that i shouldn't be taking it more than 3 nights a week because it takes so long to get out of the baby's system they don't know what kind of harm it might do the baby!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? So the ONE thing that sort of helped i can't take because I might already be doing harm to my baby!?!?!? So now those 5-6 nights a week where i got sort of okay sleep, i can't get that anymore AND baby isn't really progressing.

I'M SO TIRED OF BEING PREGNANT! They won't talk induction until 39 weeks because babies born through induction prior to 39 weeks are 6 times more likely to go into the NICU (which OBVIOUSLY i DON'T want).

So now i'm going to be stuck being pregnant FOREVER and I'm going to be in pain through it all.

I really need this baby to come early on his own. I really need to know any and all old wives tales that you think might have worked for you. Maybe if i do them all it'll do something. More than that, please pray, pray for my pain and for baby to make an early and healthy exit. OBVIOUSLY if it means a healthy baby or a baby with complications i'll deal with the pain... but if he can come early and healthy... YES I'LL TAKE IT!

1 comment:

  1. um, SEX, but if you're in that much pain you're probably not wanting to do that, same with walking. Spicy Foods, Eggplant, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. those are all I can think of right now.

    ReplyDelete