Thursday, January 5, 2012

What's in a resolution?

So it's the new year and I'm five days late in naming my New Years Resolutions... maybe punctuality should be one of them? Yea that's a laugh with a slow husband, a toddler and soon to be new born...

So lets talk about resolutions. It's all the rave on the blogosphere these days, might as well jump on the bandwagon... All the cool kids are doing it!

I would LOVE to start out the obvious and doable like Have a baby! But, that might be a bit of a cop-out since well... it's going to happen whether I want it to or not. So lets move on to some things that will actually take some effort (not the labor and deliver isn't effort) on my part.

1. Get back to MAKING meals for my family and making the healthy
    See the problem is I've been very tired with this pregnancy and Kinsley has been very particular about what she will eat. So I've been lazy and McDonald's might have become one of our "major" food groups. Sad I know. So, even though I will be tired with a toddler AND a newborn I want to get back to making healthy meals for my family... bring back Kinsley's love of veggies! Which this resolution will lead me into my next one...

2. Lose weight.
    OMG can i get any more cleshay? I mean it's not like EVERYONE on the plant doesn't say this for New  years. That's why the damn mini gym in my work basement is full and I'm forced to walk stairs! But here's the thing; I'm starting of this year pregnant so once this baby comes out I'm bound to lose SOME weight so there's that goal already met! But, I guess for sake of resolutions I should be more... specific? God you people are demanding! Alright so here it is. I weighed 172 when I became inpregnanted with Parker. OBVIOUSLY I want to be at least that weight again... but by the end of the year I would like to be 152 (or less). Eventually I would like to be 135-142 (I know that sounds like crazy talk people but in college I was 125 dripping wet) but, I think that might be asking A LOT for me with my crazy life of people, breastfeeding, etc.

3. Paint and decorate my bedroom
    This sounds easy to most but since it took us three month shy of 6 years to paint the rest of our house, this is a GOOD New Years Resolution. My bedroom is cream. The walls are cream, the trim is cream, the ceiling is cream, even the outlets are cream. This MUST change. I do not have any curtains up nor do we have any artwork/ decoration of any kind up.

4. Find a Church and GO TO IT!
    This should be number one, but it would be a lot of work to move it now with all that cutting and pasting. So here it is at number four. We had a great church, the Pastor is great, the congregation is great, but it just didn't feel like home, especially to Chris. Maybe it's the worshiping in the gym (I know, God is everywhere, but we're traditionalist), the constant slue of praise songs with little to no Hymns, or the two month long sermons about giving money. It just wasn't home to us. We want to try out a more modern Catholic church in town, but it scares us since there isn't a nursery so we'll have a crazy two year old running around screaming "Baby Jesus" every time she sees a baby... i guess she could be saying worse things? Anyway we want and need a church to call home and raise our kids in AND we would prefer to not drive 40mins to church every Sunday...

5. Become more Organized
    I have a problem, I have a lot of stuff. I purge but it's still everywhere. Coupons, shoes, thank you cards, thirty-one stuff... it just keeps building. And another huge problem, there's no where to really put it all. We don't have an office. We don't have a large kitchen. It's just hard to find a home for items that i use sort of regularly but not in a designated area. So yea, I've got to figure something out.

6. Have more date nights/alone time with the hubs
    We have really let it slip lately. We're either too busy or too tired to do anything. We'll get a babysitter in a heart beat so we can paint but, get one for an actual date, yeah right! We need to work on keeping us connected so that as a family WE are connected. We still have a deep love and respect and passion for each other, we just need to give each other our time. He needs to give me his time that he's always pouring into work (which he has been REALLY great about lately, we get to see him all the time! I love it!) and I need to get better about putting him before Kinsley and soon to be Parker. It's hard right now since I'm in pain and completely out of energy thanks to this kid growing in my belly, but after he's out and we've recovered I need to step up my game.

So there you have it. My resolutions. Are YOU going to hold me accountable?

No comments:

Post a Comment