Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Have you ever thought about it this way?

So for those of you who have never been pregnant and are all like "OMG stop complaining already, you wanted this" think about pregnancy this way.

How would you feel IF you gained 25lbs in 7-8 months and it was mostly in your mid section?
       Most people take two years at least to gain that much weight!
How would you feel if your waist size went from 31inches to 51 inches in 8 months?
       20 inches people! and it's HEAVY!!
How would you feel if that weight you gained pulled the tendons between your muscles and ribcage and caused swelling and irritation so that you were in constant pain?
How would you feel if that weight you gained moved your pelvis bones suddenly?
       Like you felt popping!
How would you feel if that weight you gained danced on you bladder and other internal organs randomly?

Do you see where I'm going with this? Not to mention the back pain and all the other lovelies of pregnancy.

There are special moments of pregnancy that make it all worth it... mostly the end, when you're HOLDING the kid on the outside... but right at this moment I'm forgetting what they all are. I did ask for this but the thing is you never know what you're going to get. My Mom had a lot of swelling (being in the end of her pregnancy in Texas heat didn't help that one) but that was it, she was a baby machine. A lot of other women i talked to before hand LIED to me... no seriously they did. They were all "Oh I LOVED being pregnant, it was great" and then I got knocked up and they changed their tune. I even had it all sugar coated after Kinsley (and she moved my tailbone backwards!).

With K I was mostly okay, except for the tailbone and just being done in the end.
With Park I've had morning sickness (all day sickness) and it's been off and on throughout pregnancy, rib pain, pelvic pain, back pain, he hurts me when he moves (K never did), and much stronger and longer braxton hicks. Oh and Vagina pain. yea!

I will say though, my hubs has been AMAZING-balls lately. He's really getting that I'm in A LOT of pain now (since prescription meds aren't even helping) and he's been doing a lot to help and more importantly, a lot to understand. If i didn't have him, i might kill someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment