Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pregnancy Salad

So one of Chris and my favorite meals is my Taco Salad. It's a heap of randomness but it's SOOOO good!

taco

Why YES those ARE Dorritos in my salad! I have named this Pregnancy salad because the first time i brought this into the office and started putting it together my co-worker looked over at me and said "OKAY pregnant" and i was all like NO NO NO this is GREAT even when you AREN'T pregnant!! And people i promise you it's the truth. So i'm got this recipe from my mom but i'm going to give you my super easy i'm really pregnant and don't feel like functioning much less cooking version and i'll put notes in how to really kick it up a notch!

Pregnancy Taco Salad

1lb ground turkey (it's always cheaper then the ground beef at my store, so use either
1pk of Taco seasoning mix
2/3 can of Red Kidney Beans
2c shredded cheddar cheese (i like to be lazy and use the preshredded packages but my mom always bought a block and had me shred it)
1 chopped/torn head of lettuce (again, I'M LAZY, they have these GREAT bags of pre-torn romaine lettuce! oh YEAH)
Lots of Ranch dressing (i don't know how much, some like more some like less... i like enough!)
1/2 a bag or so, maybe more, of Dorritos. (the flavor you choose is up to you, chris and i like to change it up.

So brown your meat and about 1/2 way through add the Kidney beans. When all browned then drain. Now add taco seasoning and 2/3 c water and cook until the meat has absorbed most of the liquid.

Put lettuce in a bowl, add cheese, and Dorritos. Now add the meat mixture and top with ranch dressing... stir until it's a gooie mess and enjoy!

Want to kick it up a notch... add avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, etc... soooo good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment