Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beginning of Real Potty Training...

There's nothing more joyful than the sounds of your toddler running through the house yelling PEE PEE POTTY! MIMIE MOUSE PANTIES! Wait, Whaaaa?

I took Kinsley's love of naked time as a sign that she wanted to potty train (rather than going in the other direction and her trying to tell us what she wants to be when she grows up, entirely unacceptable!). We've had most of the "tools" for a while; you know, panties, potty, candy. I'M just not personally ready for this. I've got enough on my plate without worrying if she's peeing all over my floors and furniture WITH the dogs. It would be pretty funny if she would pee ON them though... oh a girl can dream.

So last night I got more excited than a grown woman should about Minnie Mouse panties for my little girl. She got an M&M for sitting and trying on the potty when she thought she needed to go. She got two if she actually PUT pee pee IN the potty. Here's the thing. She has this toilet that plays music when she pees... OR just scoots the right way! Kinsley's face is all happy with "THE MUSIC PLAYED! I pee peed and get TWO candies!" when in fact she did NOT pee pee. Not at all. But how do you explain to a toddler that the potty is playing a cruel joke on her and making her think she pottied when in fact she didn't so therefore she only gets one piece of candy. UH!

So we'll be trying again tonight and hoping that the lying potty keeps it's trap shut unless we really have something to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment